You Butternut SQUASH me soup.
It's that time of the year. We decided to do a series of Thanksgiving dinners.
This recipe is easy, quick and can be made ahead of time.
Butternut squash - 4 cups (peeled and diced) reserve some for garnish
Onion - 1 large (chopped)
Garlic - 3 cloves (minced)
Smoked paprika - 1 tsp
Oil - 3 tablespoons
Basil leaves - 4 oz
Parmesan cheese - 1 oz
Olive oil - 2 oz
Pine nuts - 2.5 oz (optional)
Vegetable broth 2 cups
Optional garnish fresh chives
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
2) You can either peel the squash and dice it or you can cut the squash lengthwise season it and bake it with skin side up. Rub with 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 40 minutes or until the squash is tender
3) Once the squash is cooked remove from oven and set aside till it cools down.
4) In a medium stock pot heat oil add chopped onions, garlic and sauteed for 3 to 4 minutes.
5) Heat pan, add oil and add the brunoise pieces of squash. Cook on medium heat until the squash is cooked and has an even color all around.
6) Once the onions are translucent add the stock and squash bring to a boil, cover and reduce Heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes until the squash is very tender.
7) Period of soup with a stick blender or blend in batches. Be cautious when the soup is hot
8) Combined fresh basil leaves, olive oil, salt pepper, parmesan cheese, and pine nuts (optional) together in a blender and blend on low speed.
9) For the plating arrange the caramelized squash pieces in the center of the plate or Bowl pour the soup around and add dollops off pesto on the soup. Finish with a Sprinkle of smoked paprika