Butter - 8 gms
Vegetable oil - 8 gms
Celery - 1 stalk
Onion - 1 medium (chopped)
Zucchini (yellow and green) - 2 each
Tofu - 200 gms
Basil - 1 bunch
Garlic - 2 cloves
Peas - 6 cups (fresh or frozen)
Water - 1 cup
Vegetable stock - 3 cups
Cream - 1/2 (optional)
Salt to taste
Fresh ground pepper to taste
1) Heat in a cast iron skillet or pan with a combination of oil and butter, add onions, celery, and sweat (do not color) for 5 to 6 minutes. Add chopped garlic and simmer for 7 minutes.
2) Add the peas, water and stock, bring to a simmer. Maintain a simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
3) Puree the soup in batches.
4) Crumble the tofu, Heat pan with oil and add the crumbled tofu keep stirring to prevent it from sticking. Cook until light brown. Add seasoning.
5) Cut the yellow zucchini into half diagonals, set aside. Use a peeler for the green zucchini and peel thin long strips. Heat butter in a pan and lay the zucchini flat individually (trust me, its worth the effort). Season with salt and pepper. Flip over once you notice a light brown color. Repeat process. Once cooked, remove from pan on to a paper towel to dab off excess fat.
6) For presentation - Pour soup into a bowl and garnish with zucchini and the tofu crumble in a crescent presentation. Finish with a few basil leaves.